BCAAs .. Branch Chain Amino
Acids: Essential amino acids
L-leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine.
As essential amino acids BCAAs are
essential for human survival.
- Sufficient Branch chain Amino acids, BCAAs, are
necessary for optimum nitrogen retention & protein synthesis.
- BCAA's make up one third of muscle protein.
- BCAAs are anti-catabolic or they stop the
break down of muscle tissue during exercise.
- BCAAs exert an anticatabolic effect by reducing
the breakdown of protein, thereby protecting muscle tissue.
- BCAAs help with nitrogen retention ..
sufficient nitrogen is necessary to avoid catabolic muscle loss.
BCAAs are recommended for all persons on
a comprehensive exercise program.
- During hard exercise BCAAs are utilized by your
muscles for optimum performance
- BCAAs help preserve the glycogen in your
- It is through this mechanism of glycogen
retention that BCAAs provide optimum energy for your workout.
Recommended serving: 5 grams pre-exercise.
- Dairy products, thus Whey Protein, and red meat
at the best sources of BCAAs.
- All sources of protein provide BCAAs.
- 40 grams of Whey Protein 30 minutes after your
workout will provide your muscles with additional BCAAs.
- Some recommend 5 grams of BCAAs post workout,
we feel whey protein provides all the BCAAs you need post workout.
- If you do not use a Whey Protein shake post
workout .. BCAAs are recommended post workout.
Click the search button for more BCAA options &
Check out our amazon.com stores .. a "specialty store" for each of the
nutrients below ... our recommended
supplements in each nutrient category.:
a complete diet .. not replace a complete diet.